Full Plate Thursday 7-12-12

It's Full Plate Thursday Where All The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

I am so excited to see all of you today. My goodness we have been in a whirlwind of celebration with two week ends for the 4th Celebration.  It is really nice to slow down just a bit and enjoy the beautiful summer weather we are having I know that some of you have really had horrible heat and storms like we had last year. Come on back to the porch and sit under the fans with us we are all having some ice cold lemonade and it is so good, I just know that someone will bring a special treat to go with it. Thank you so much for coming today, your visit is always very special to me and I hope you come back soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week 
Breakfast
Morning Snack
Honeydew Refresher  at Storybook Reality
Strawberry Dumplings  at That's Some Good Cookin'
Lunch
Zucchini Bake  at My Sweet and Savory
Asian Noodle Salad  at The Alchemist
Classic Oreo Icebox Dessert  at The Kitchen Is My Playground
Afternoon Snack
No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Pie  at Cooking My Way Through My CSA
Coconut Watermelon Agua Fresca  at  Don't Waste The Crumbs
Dinner
Apricot Chicken  at Peanut Butter, Passports, and Epinephrine
Baked Potato Stacks  at The Rickett Chronicles
Pineapple and Coconut Kohlslaw  at CSA Chronicles
Italian Bubble Loaf   at All Is Amazing
 Butterscotch Pecan Sandies Pie  at The Mandatory Mooch
Canning and Preserving

If You Have Been Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home
 The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!



 
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Hi Miz Helen, I hope you're keeping cool! It looks like another great menu of featured recipes. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miz Helen,
    Hello! Thank you for hosting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miz Helen, Thank you for hosting. I hope that you are enjoying the summer and keeping cool in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for hosting! Tara @ Simply Made Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my Italian Bubble Bread and thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen, I have shared a Vegetable Tian and a Pasta Salad. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great treats linked up this week! I can't wait to start visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for featuring my Butterscotch Pecan Sandies Pie. Looking forward to another great "Full Plate" this week!! Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Miz Helen, I'm sharing my Asparagus and Bacon Pasta Salad w/ Creamy Basil Pesto Dressing and my latest vegetable ferment - Savoy Cabbage, Carrot and Ginger. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another party Miz Helen
    Wishing you a great weekend (hopefully not as hot as it's going to be here)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can seem to remember hearing the same story last summer Miz Helen. I swear, there's no pleasing us sometimes. We're having the coldest winter on record and I can't wait for the warm weather and you guys are absolutely sweltering over there. I really feel for you all. Thanks for hosting.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited to see so many super Summer posts this week!

    i’ve linked up a raw kale salad stuffed zucchini recipe.

    also, it’s our second week for the Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop – please feel free to stop by and link up your CSA collections, farmer’s market treasures, garden harvests, seasonal recipes, or related food politics rants :) Hope to see you there!

    and of course, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gonna check out the Zucchini Bake, it's that time of year:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning. Wonderful recipes today. We linked up a wonderful
    All American Casserole. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another Full Plate Thursday and your plate sounds delicious. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen.

    I've linked up "How to make great crab cakes." Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I hope you are having a great week and staying cool. I see a few links I need to go visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Life has been rather hectic for me too. I'm slowing down this week. Glad to hear that you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miz Helen, thanks for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for hosting! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Miz Helen!
    It's been a long time since I linked up to your Blog Hop! I'm off in the summer so I have more time to post recipes. I'm sharing my Italian Pasta Salad today. Hope you like it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Miz Helen,
    Hope you are having a wonderful week. Thanks for hosting another great party :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting an amazing party:) I love the way you filled your plate this week! Now I am off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Miz Helen!
    Thank you so much for featuring my Apricot Chicken. I hope everyone enjoys! Today I shared two of my favourite Summertime recipes - A Marinated Tomato Salad that is just lovely with all the heirloom tomatoes that are ripening right now, and a Fresh Plum and Cherry Honey Crisp (nut-free, of course, for my daughter) which would be perfect out on your back proch! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I just know your grandkids will love the Gorilla Bread I brought today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Thanks for featuring my Coconut Agua Fresca! Such a refreshing drink on a hot summer day. I linked up my Chocolate Raspberry cupcakes - a cheater recipe!! :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great recipe collection! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning fellow linker upers! (that makes us sound like some weird brand of illegal drug, haha)...

    This week I've linked up something I was inspired to make as a result of my June Foodie Pen Pal Package: Cactus Jelly Bourbon'd Bacon Tacos... Because if bourbon doesn't make everything better, bacon certainly does. Mmmm bacon.... Mmmm bourbon.... Mmmmm bourbony Bacon...

    Happy linking!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    I'm sharing some delicious Apricot Bars (GF, DF, Sugar Free), and The Secret To Cooking Perfect Quinoa - Every Time.

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/07/cooking-perfect-quinoa.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Miz Helen!

    Today I've linked up my iced tea float, it's black tea sorbet flavored with fresh mint and lemon floating in iced tea! A great way to keep cool in the summer.

    Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for hosting Miz Helen. Hope you're finding ways to keep cool. Summer has finally started here in Washington. I shared my favorite lentil salad with kalamata olives and fresh mint. Finn says Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for hosting. I'm just tickled pink to be hanging out with the greatest cooks on the planet! That's something to aspire to. :)

    I've linked my Almond Chicken this week. Super simple to make, this recipe elevates a few commonplace ingredients into a real treat. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Mz. Helen, I am sharing a cocktail its "jargaritas" fun and easy to make....
    thank you for the party ...........andi the wednesday baker

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good afternoon, Miz Helen! I've brought some bread to share! Thank you for hosting, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Miz Helen, thank you so much for featuring my asian noodle salad! I appreciate it!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen